- 2019-07-09, GSI started effort to include the location of ”Natural Disaster Monument”, which shows lessons from historical disasters experienced by our ancestors, on GSI Maps.
- 2019-05-16, Experimental release of Japan map in English notation.
- 2019-03-15, Maps shows lessons from historical disasters experienced by our ancestors.
- 2018-12-25, The 2018 Krakatau Eruption, Indonesia: Geomorphic change detected by ALOS-2 data
- 2018-07-12, Releasing twelve new sheets of Active Fault Map for four fault zones to support local preparedness against earthquakes
- 2018-06-28, Big Data Contributes to Safer Mountain Climbing - Mountain Trails on Maps Updated in Time for Climbing Season -
- 2018-03-08, Find an easier route ! - You can now easily create an elevation profile on web map.-
- 2017-11-15, The 2017 Iran-Iraq Earthquake: Crustal deformation detected by ALOS-2 data
- 2017-08-24, Release of "five new sheets of Active Fault Map in Urban Area showing detailed locations of active faults."
- 2017-07-13, Feature Exhibition "The World of Hand-drawn Maps"
- 2017-07-20, Map Symbols for "tourist information center" adopted for overseas visitors maps.
- 2017-06-05, Volcanic Activities of Nishinoshima Island Has Been Monitored by Satellite Imagery.
- 2017-05-18, Release of "Do You Know How to Measure the Shape of the Earth?"
- 2017-04-28, Release of "Aerial photos covering all the 23 Wards of Tokyo before World War II are now available for the first time in GSI Maps"
- 2017-03-27, Release of "Earthquake Fault of 2014 Earthquake Centered in Northern Nagano Prefecture is Released, As Well As Newly Recognized Active Faults."
- 2017-03-15, Release of "Standard for Japan’s Gravity Values Redefined: First Update in 40 Years"
- 2017-03-14, Release of "3D Earthquake Source Fault Model Added on GSI Maps"
- 2017-02-28, Release of "Leveling results in Tohoku region updated"
- 2017-02-22, Release of "Designated Emergency Evacuation Sites available on GSI Maps"
- 2017-02-22, "Participation in international geodetic observations" is updated
- 2017-02-20, Release of "Announcement of 2016 planimetric reports on the land area by prefectures and municipalities in Japan"
- 2016-12-07, "Five New Sheets of Active Fault Map in Urban Area Are Made Publicly Available " is updated
- 2016-11-22, "Brief Overview of the GSI " is updated
- 2016-11-17, The 2016 New Zealand Earthquake: Crustal deformation detected by ALOS-2 data
- 2016-11-08, The October 2016 Central Italy Earthquake: Crustal deformation detected by ALOS-2 data
- 2016-10-27, Release of "The 2016 Central Tottori Earthquake"
- 2016-08-26, The 2016 Central Italy Earthquake: Crustal deformation detected by ALOS-2 data
- 2016-08-17, Release of "The latest survey results of Nishinoshima Island (as of July 2016)"
- 2016-05-31, Release of "Resurveying benchmarks on the Pacific coast of Tohoku district"
- 2016-04-28, "The 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake: Crustal deformation around the faults" is updated
- 2016-04-21, Release of "Launch of space geodetic observation which is cutting-edge and at the highest level in the world"
- 2016-03-31, Release of "Provision of data containing the signals of Galileo and the new frequency signal of GPS observed at 786 GNSS-based control stations started"
- 2016-03-31, "Information Service Hall" is updated
- 2016-03-30, Release of "Maps of Japan to be more easily understandable for overseas visitors"
- 2016-03-24, Release of "The latest survey results for Nishinoshima Island as of March 2016 are available"
- 2016-03-14, Release of "3D images of land classification and disaster information have become available in “GSI Maps”: More information can be represented 3 dimensionally"
- 2016-03-10, Release of "GSI-LB, or UAV Surveyor, launches to promote i-Construction, increasing in construction productivity"
- 2016-03-03, The 2016 Taiwan Earthquake: Crustal deformation detected by ALOS-2 data
- 2016-02-24, Release of "Announcement of 2015 planimetric reports on the land area by prefectures and municipalities in Japan"
- 2016-02-03, Release of "Survey Results for Nishinoshima Island are updated"
- 2016-01-25, "Link and Copyright" is updated
- 2016-01-19, Release of "The nationwide development of the “Digital Topographic Map 200000” and the “Digital Map (Basic Geospatial Information 200000)” was completed"
- 2016-01-15, Release of "The 2015 Tajikistan Earthquake: Crustal deformation detected by ALOS-2 data"