Various data and information on GSI are available at the Japanese GSI website: http://www.gsi.go.jp/ . This website includes pages on our activities, latest topics, press release, public announcements, public comments, procurement, recruit, Survey Act, technical guidance, registered surveyor, disaster measures, R&D etc.
Geographic information is also open to the public as below:
- Control point data (triangulation points, benchmarks)
- Data of GNSS-based control stations and crustal movement
- Data on geoids, gravity and geomagnetism
- Topographic maps of 1:25,000 of the whole country
- Aerial photos (from year 1946 to now)
- Framework data
- Thematic maps
- Basic geographic data of Japan (area by municipality, lakes and marshes, mountain heights, etc.)
- Japanese Clearinghouse Gateway
- GSI Maps *
English website provides just some of them and special contents for English.