Japan Profile for Geographic Information Standards (JPGIS)
In Japan, the Geospatial Information Authority of Japan has created and updated the Japan Profile for Geographic Information Standards (JPGIS) in accordance with several ISO 19100 series standards.
JPGIS covers the following standards related to creation and exchange of spatial data.
- ISO/TS 19103 Conceptual schema language
- ISO 19105 Conformance and testing (replaces IS with JIS X 7105)
- ISO 19107 Spatial schema (replaces IS with JIS X 7107)
- ISO 19108 Temporal schema (replaces IS with JIS X 7108)
- ISO 19109 Rules for application schema (replaces IS with JIS X 7109)
- ISO 19110 Methodology for feature cataloguing (replaces IS with JIS X 7110)
- ISO 19111 Spatial referencing by coordinates (replaces IS with JIS X 7111)
- ISO 19112 Spatial referencing by geographic identifiers (replaces IS with JIS X 7112)
- ISO 19115 Metadata (replaces IS with JIS X 7115)
- ISO 19118 Encoding
- ISO 19123 Schema for coverage geometry and functions (replaces IS with JIS X 7123)
- ISO 19131 Data product specifications (replaces IS with JIS X 7131)
- ISO 19136 Geography Markup Language (GML) (replaces IS with JIS X 7136)
Links to relevant sites
ISO/TC 211 Geographic information/Geomatics
Standardization in the field of digital geographic information.
This work aims to establish a structured set of standards for information concerning objects or phenomena that are directly or indirectly associated with a location relative to the Earth.
These standards may specify, for geographic information, methods, tools and services for data management (including definition and description), acquiring, processing, analyzing, accessing, presenting and transferring such data in digital/electronic form between different users, systems and locations.
The work shall link to appropriate standards for information technology and data where possible, and provide a framework for the development of sector-specific applications using geographic data.
International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Open Geospatial Consortium Inc (OGC)
Japanese Industrial Standards Committee (JISC)
Japanese Standards Association (JSA)