Introduction of Geographic Information Analysis Research Div.
Contents of the Geographic Information Analysis Research Div.
- Presented at the "ICC 2015 (27th International Cartographic Conference)"（2015/8/23-28@Rio de Janeiro, Blazil）
Kamiya, I., *Nakano, T., Otoi, K. and Nakajima, H., "Construction of Real-time Inference System for Key Hazard Extent Distribution on the Ground caused by Earthquakes (RISKHEDGE)" [Abstract of Construction of Real-time Inference System for Key Hazard Extent Distribution on the Ground caused by Earthquakes (RISKHEDGE)]
Researchers (fy 2016)
- OHNO, Hiroyuki : Head of Division
- TANAKA, Hiroaki : Chief Researcher
- IWAHASHI, Junko : Chief Researcher
- NAKANO, Takayuki : Researcher
Research Projects (fy 2016)
■ Special study in GSI
■ Study by competitive fund
- Study on effective ortho-image generation by full-automation of aerial photogrammetry (2014-2016)
■ Study by competitive fund
- Determination of the landslides and their sedimentary processes based on the data of field surveys from the Showa period combined with new technologies (2016-2017) [supported by the General Collaborative Research of the Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto Univ.]
- Geographic study for predicting disaster on hazard map and improving function of evacuation information transmission (2015-2017; research representative: Prof. Yasuhiro Suzuki in Nagoya Univ.) [supported by MEXT KAKENHI Grant Number 15H02959]
- Global terrain classification for disaster prevention using middle to high resolution DEM (2015-2017) [supported by MEXT KAKENHI Grant Number 15K01176]
- Parameter analysis and development of geomorphological reconstruction method for implementing seismic safety evaluation of residential fill (2015-2016) [supported by MEXT KAKENHI Grant Number 15K16288]
Recent Results (English paper)
Grasping and analyzing of the natural environment
Geomorphology and disaster prevention
Positioning in urban areas
Acquisition of geographic information
- Sato HP, Tateishi R, Xiao J (2006) :Paddy ground truth data collection and evaluation for land cover mapping, Proceedings of SPIE (The international Society of Optical Engineering), 6411.
- Sato HP (2004) :Land cover classification in Southeast Asia using near and short wave infrared bands. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 25, 2821-2832.
- Sato HP, Tateishi R (2004) :Estimation on tree cover percentage using TERRA/ASTER data with airborne laser scanning data, Proceedings of International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing XXth Congress, Part B, Commission 4, pp.797-800.
- Sato HP, Abe K, Otaki O (2002) :GPS-measured land Subsidence in Ojiya City, Niigata. Engineering Geology, 67, 379-390.
- Sato HP, Tateishi R (2002) :Proposal for Global Land Cover Guideline Legend based on FAO'sLCCS. Asian Journal of Geoinfomatics, vol3, no2, pp.35-46.
- SATO, H.P. (2001): Current Status of Land Subsidence in Japan. Bulletin of GSI, 47,[Abstract of Current Status of Land Subsidence in Japan]
Geomorphology and disaster prevention
- Imakiire, T. and Koarai, M. (2012) : Wide-area land subsidence caused by "The 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake". Soils and Foundations, vol.52, no.5, pp.842-855．
- Kobayashi, T., Tobita, M., Koarai, M., Okatani, T., Suzuki, A., Noguchi, Y., Yamanaka, M. and Miyahara, B. (2012) : InSAR-derived crustal deformation and fault models of normal faulting inland crustal earthquake (Mj7.0) in Fukushima-Hamadori area. Earth, Planets and Space, vol.64, pp.1209-1221．
- NAKANO, T., IMAKIIRE, T., SAKAI, H. and MINAMI, K. (2011): Preliminary Study of Sedimentary Period of Layer by Using Natural Remanent Magnetization in Io To Island in Ogasawara Archipelago. Bulletin of the GSI, vol.59, pp.15-20. [The Full Text[PDF:1.0MB] | Abstract of Preliminary Study of Sedimentary Period of Layer by Using Natural Remanent Magnetization in Io To Island in Ogasawara Archipelago.]
- Iwahashi J, Kamiya I,Matsuoka M （2010）：Regression analysis of Vs30 using topographic attributes from a 50-m DEM. Geomorphology，117，pp.202-205．
- Sato HP （2009）：Study on landslide Orientation Bias triggered by 1994 Northridge Earthquake．PROCEEDINGS OF THE 41TH JOINT MEETING OF U.S-JAPAN PANEL ON WIND SEISMIC EFFECTS UJNR, pp.260-268.
- Koarai M, Sato HP, Une H（2008）：Slope collapse and ground deformation due to "Niigataken Chuetsu-oki Earthquake in 2007”. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 40TH JOINT MEETING OF U.S-JAPAN PANEL ON WIND SEISMIC EFFECTS UJNR.
- Koarai M, Une H, Sato HP (2008) : Slope collapse, surface deformation and growth of active fold by the Niigataken Chuetsu-oki Earthquake in 2007, Chuetsu district, central Japan. SGEM，pp.469-476.
- Une H, Sato HP, Koarai M, Yarai H, Tobita M (2008) : .Analysis of surface deformation induced by the Noto Hanto and the Chuetsu-oki Earthquakes in 2007 using synthetic aperture radar interferograms.The First World Landslide Forum，International Consortium on landslides，(Poster Session Volume)pp.113-116.
- Hasegawa H, Sato HP, Iwahashi J(2007) :Continuous Caldera Changes in Miyakejima Volcano after 2001, Bulletin of the Geographical Survey Institute, 54, pp.60-64.［ →The full text[PDF:0.5MB] | Abstract of Continuous Caldera Changes in Miyakejima Volcano after 2001］
- Iwahashi J, Pike RJ (2007) :Automated classifications of topography from DEMs by an unsupervised nested-means algorithm and a three-part geometric signature. Geomorphology, vol.86, pp.409-440．
- Sato HP, Hasegawa H, Fujiwara S, Tobita M, Koarai M, Une H, Iwahashi J (2007) :Interpretation of landslide distribution triggered by the 2005 Northern pakistan earthquake using SPOT5 imagery. Landslides, 4, pp.113-122.
- Sato HP, Yagi H, Koarai M, Iwahashi J, Sekiguchi T (2007) :Airborne LIDAR data measurement and landform classification mapping in Tomari-no-tai landslide area, Shirakami Mountains, Japan, In :Sassa et al. (eds), Progress in Landslide Science, pp.355-367. Springer.
- Koarai M, Kamiya I, Sato HP, Matsuoka M, Amano K (2007) : Application of high-resolution satellite imagery for detection of disaster damages and disaster monitoring -Through the produce of interpretation characteristics cards of satellite imageries for disaster damages-:ISPRS Hannover Workshop 2007 High-Resolution Earth Imaging for Geospatial Information.
- Sato HP, Une H, Tobita M (2007) :Correlation between aspects of slope failures and surface displacement triggered by the 2005 northern Pakistan earthquake. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 39TH JOINT MEETING OF U.S-JAPAN PANEL ON WIND SEISMIC EFFECTS UJNR, pp.347-351.
- Koarai M, Sato HP, Une H, Hitahara T (2007) : GIS analysis of the relationship between earthquake damages and micro landforms using land condition maps:XXIII International Cartographic Conference .
- Mamoru Koarai, Hiroshi P. Sato, Hiroshi Une, Izumi Kamiya (2006) :Interpretation of high-resolution satellite imageries to detect the landform changes and disaster damages : Case study of the northern Pakistan earthquake. Asia-Pacific Remote Sensing Proceedings.
- Sato HP, Koarai M, Une H, Hasegawa H, Iwahashi J, Kamiya I (2006) :Interpretation of slope failure distribution triggered by the northern Pakistan earthquake on 8 October 2005 using SPOT5 stereo-imageries. Proceedings of the 38th joint panel meeting of Wind and seismic effects, Unite States-Japan Natural Resources, pp.329-334.
- Sato HP, Koarai M, Une H, Hasegawa H, Iwahashi J, Kamiya I, Ishitsuka Y (2006) :Interpretation of landslides distribution triggered by the northern Pakistan earthquake on 8 October 2005 using 2.5m-resolution SPOT5 stereo-imagery, Extended abstract of international conference on earthquake in Pakistan, pp.94-98. Geological Survey of Pakistan.
- Yamagishi Y, Takayama T, Iwahashi J (2006) :Landslides and landscape change induced by heavy rainfall and intensive earthquake in Mid-Niigata, Japan GIS analyses and interpretation of aerial photograph. Disaster Mitigation of Debris Flows Slope Failures and Landslides. Proceedings of the INTERPREVENT International Symposium September 25-29, 2006 in Niigata, Japan (editor Marui, H. et al.) pp.605-615
- Sato HP, Sekiguchi T (2005) :Landslide susceptibility mapping by using DTM from airborne LIDAR in the Kuchisakamoto area, central Japan, Bulletin of the Geographical Survey Institute, 52, pp.23-35 [The full text[PDF:1.5MB] | Abstract of Landslides and landscape change induced by heavy rainfall and intensive earthquake in Mid-Niigata, Japan GIS analyses and interpretation of aerial photograph. ]
- Sato HP, Sekiguchi T, Kojiroi R, Suzuki Y, Iida M (2005) :Overlaying landslides distribution on the earthquake source, geological and topographical data the Mid Niigata prefecture earthquake in 2004, Japan, Landslides, 2, pp.143-152.
- Sekiguchi T, Sato HP, Akiyama K (2005) :Geomorphological features of avalanche furrows in heavy snow region in Japan, Bulletin of the Geographical Survey Institute, 52, pp.37-47[The full text[PDF:1.4MB] | Abstract of Geomorphological features of avalanche furrows in heavy snow region in Japan]
- Tunesumi H, Hasegawa M, Sato HP (2005) :Swift action taken by the Geographical Survey Institute to analyze and provide landslide information on the Mid Niigata Prefecture earthquakes of 23 October 2004. In Sassa et al. (eds), Landslide :Risk analysis and disaster sustainable management, pp.275-284. Springer
- Sekiguchi T, Sato HP (2004) :Mapping of micro topography using airborne laser scanning. Landslides, 1, 3, pp.195-202.
- Iwahashi J, Watanabe S, Furuya T (2003) :Mean slope-angle frequency distribution and size frequency distribution of landslide masses in Higashikubiki area, Japan. Geomorphology, vol.50, no.4, pp.349-364．
- Hasegawa H, Matsuo K., Koarai M, Murakami M, Sato HP (2001) :Caldera Subsidence Measurement at Miyakejima Summit. Transactions, Japanese Geomorphological Union, vol.22, no.4, C86.
- Izumi Kamiya and Hiroshi P. Sato (2001) :Slope Gradation Maps as a Useful Tool for Detecting Landform Features. Bulletin of the Geographical Survey Institute, vol.47, pp.29-34.[Abstract of Slope Gradation Maps as a Useful Tool for Detecting Landform Features.]
- Mizukoshi H, Aniya M (2001) :Automated generation of fall lines and drainage networks for geomorphometric measurements and analyses using digitized contour data. Transactions, Japanese Geomorphological Union, vol.22, no.4, C159.
- Mizukoshi H, Aniya M (2001) :Use of Contour-based DEMs for deriving and mapping topographic attributes. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, 68, pp.83-93.
- Sato HP, Hasegawa H, Masaharu H (2001) :Characteristics of landform change in Mizunashi watershed, Unzen VolcaNo. Transactions, Japanese Geomorphological Union, vol.22, no.4, C210.
- Sato HP, Hasegawa H, Okamatsu K, Masaharu H (2001) :Landslide topography measurement by airborne laser scanning. Landslide Risk Mitigation and Protection of Cultural and Natural Heritage, pp.375-383
Positioning in urban areas
- Kamiya I, koarai M, Kojiroi R (2008) ：DEVELOPMENT OF OUTDOOR-INDOOR SEAMLESS POSITIONING SYSTEM USING RFID -TAPE EMBEDDED WITH RFID TAGS FOR POSITIONING-． ASIA GIS 2008，Asia GIS Association，pp.65．
Acquisition of geographic information
- Kamiya I(2008) :Reduction of JPEG Noise from the ALOS PRISM Products. Bulletin of GSI, vol.55, pp.31-38.［ →The full text[PDF:0.4MB] | Abstract of Reduction of JPEG Noise from the ALOS PRISM Products］
- Kamiya I (2007) :Geometric Characteristics of the Early Products of ALOS PRISM, Bulletin of GSI, vol.54, pp.75-82.［ →The full text[PDF:0.7MB] | Abstract of Geometric Characteristics of the Early Products of ALOS PRISM］
- Hasegawa H (2006) :Evaluations of LIDAR reflectance amplitude sensitivity towards land cover conditions, Bulletin of GSI, 53, pp.43-49. [The full text[PDF:0.8MB] | Abstract of Evaluations of LIDAR reflectance amplitude sensitivity towards land cover conditions]
- Izumi Kamiya (2006) :Development of Orientation and DEM/Orthoimage Generation Program for ALOS PRISM, ACRS 2006 CD-ROM Proceedings.・・he 27th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, Oct.9-13, 2006, Ulaanbaatar, MONGOLIA
- Masaharu H, Koarai M, Hasegawa H (2001) :Utilization of airborne laser scanning in Japan, Videometrics and Optical Methods for 3D Shape Measurement, Proceedings of SPIE (San Jose), 81-92.
- Hasegawa H, Matsuo K., Koarai M, Watanabe N, Masaharu H, Fukushima Y (2000) :DEM Accuracy and the Base to Height (B/H) :Ratio of Stereo Images. International Archives of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 33(B4), 356-359.
Related Investigations and Projects in GSI
- An Experimental Development of Spatio-Temporal Dataset from Old Edition Maps(Geoinformation Department)
- Report of China-Japan Joint Research on the Spatial-Temporal Information System Framework for Environmental Conservation and Disaster Prevention (Geoinformation Department)