Outline of Planning and Management of National Mapping and Surveying
The participants will learn Japanese systems and approaches related to national survey and mapping projects through lectures and practices, and gain deep insights for better management of NMO or NGIA through discussions with fellow participants and individual studies.
With the understanding that technologies play key roles in this information age, the course also provides a broad opportunity to upgrade participants' knowledge and skills of contemporary technologies, such as Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and Geographic Information System (GIS), to a minimum required level to consider a possible application method in each participant's organization.
To achieve the said objective, participants are expected to produce the following outputs by the end of this course:
By the end of the course
- to master planning and managing skills of surveying and mapping conducted by NMOs or NGIAs, as well as institutional and legal frameworks of NMOs NGIAs.
- to master contemporary technologies for surveying and mapping such as GNSS, GIS, digital photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
- to assume a plan of NMO or NGIA;taken in consideration of his/her own country's socio-economic situation, and make presentation about it.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
- Current Duties: Technical official in management levels (section head or deputy section head) in NMO or NGIA or be engaged in equivalent work;
- Experience in the relevant field: Have more than 7 years-experience;
- Educational Background: University graduate or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge on mathematics;
- Basic skill on computer operation method;
- Language skill: Have a good command of spoken and written English;
- Health: must be in good health, both physically and mentally, to participate in the Program in Japan;
This training will be performed for four (4) months from late August to late December.
Training scenes of Planning and Management of National Mapping and Surveying
HOW TO APPLY
Reference link JICA training program
International Affairs Div. Planning Dept. GSI Japan